Tuesday, August 10

grumble grumble

I'll write more when I get a chance, but I'm bloody pissed off right now. Bloody bloody doctors - grrrr.
Holly's in hospital - has been there since Sunday afternoon.
They didn't think she had a UTI so they didn't start her on any meds, then they came back today with "oh yes, she does have one", so they've started her today - two days after she was admitted.
They put a g-tube in cause her nose is all stuffy and because she was so de-hydrated, they gave her gastrolytes last night. That resulted in all sorts of screaming pain - she was hungry, tired, sore and it gave her really really bad diarrhea. That finished late last night, so today she was allowed to try a bottle, she just gags at it, can't swallow cause her nose is all blocked. So they put milk down her g-tube, and that was fine. At least she wasn't hungry again. Until late this afternoon, and some wise guy decides that even though they've only tried milk down the tube once, they aren't going to try again, they are just going back to gastrolytes. So the poor little thing is back to where we were 24 hours ago. Bring on the hungry, tired, sore and diarrhea again!

2 comments:

  1. That absolutely sucks. I had a terrible experience at FH with my girl when she had a problem with blood in her wee. They put her through so many tests, horrible, painful, invasive tests. At one stage they told me her kidneys were shutting down, due to her potassium levels, and then re-did the blood test, and told me it was an error, as the blood clotted in the first test, giving a false reading. I was hysterical for 3 hours, thinking she was going to die. Great.

    Poor little Holly. I feel for you, do please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs hon. I really hope poor Holly doesnt have to be put through any more by these "experts" :(

    ReplyDelete