Friday, December 3

Happy First Birthday my beautiful girl


I can't belive we got her here!
Its been such an amazing, joyous, heart breaking, scarey year. I just don't know how many adjectives I can use! Unbelieveable.
L was really emotional all day, we both were really. It was a busy day, we had to vote and pick up baloons and cake and a few bits a pieces. I wasn't ready by the time people started arriving, but that's become normal now!
We had a great afternoon. Heaps of people here, its really nice to know we are so well supported. I can't remember what I said in my speech, but L made a lovely speech and made everyone cry!
The last people left after midnight, but that's OK they are close family friends. We were just sitting out on the deck having a few wines. I really didn't feel the wine, I think cause I'd been sipping all day rather than drinking - I was too busy trying to get to everyone.
Holly was quite unsettled throughout the day. I really think that it was all the noise and everyone getting up in her face. She just got grumpy and she did a big spew all over the gorgeous skirt that my bestie S made. I felt bad cause she didn't even see Holly in it! We gave her some panadol to try to settle her a bit, she had a sleep and woke up at about midnight - but she decided that she would be wide awake and in a really good mood! She didn't go to sleep until after 3. So even though everyone had left, Holly and I were just sitting up in the lounge.
L and I did very little on Sunday. Our parents called in to help clean up, but I'd already done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment