Wednesday, February 2

Another busy week...

Friday - hot, busy, went for a swim at Dad's and had a BBQ dinner.
Saturday - warm, had two friend's birthdays, great night, had a few drinks and a bit of a relax.
Sunday - very hot. Had a BBQ with friends planned, but it got cancelled cause of the extreme heat. I'm hoping it gets re-scheduled soon, I was looking forward to meeting some more people and catching up with others. Luke had a game that night, I went to Dad's for another swim.
Monday - nothing sort of a day. Stayed home cause it was too hot to go out. Mum and I went to the airport to surprise my sister and her fiance. It was good to see her, I've missed just chatting to her - and she's only been gone 10 days! I'll look forward to spending more time with her on the weekend.
Tuesday - CPEC day. We went there for a video session in the morning, just so we have a record of how she is at the start of the year, they'll do another one at the end of the year I think. Then Holly's physios from CPEC came here to look at the equipment we have and see what we needed and what needs adjusting etc.
Today - went to podiatrist, was supposed to go and see a good friend of mine before she takes off overseas, but Holly was having long nasty seizures and I didn't want to put her in the car. I can't do anything if we are in the car, at least if we are at home I can hold her hand and comfort her. Although I do feel better for having stayed at home, I'm feeling very housebound. The more and more I think about it, I need an extended break from her. Today she's done two monster poos and one monster vomit, she's been a nightmare to feed and a real cranky bum in general. My patience is starting to wear thin. I'm hoping she's just got a toothy peg coming through and its nothing more sinister.
Oh, I also ran into my first boyfriend at the post office on Monday. Needless to say, I'm very grateful that I've got L in my life!! Its funny cause a friend of mine and I have had conversations about our ex's and how we'd like to catch up and have coffee with them or something, just to see where they are at and how they are going. I do chat with this guy once in a blue moon on facebook, just to say g'day. I know this sounds awful, but I couldn't get away from him quick enough when I saw him - sorry if your reading this.... doubt you'd read it... too many big words!!! I'm a nasty horrible bitch! Just looking at him made me think 'I'm grateful that I'm not with you any more', and then when he went on to tell me that he hadn't really done anything with himself since the last time we spoke - or even when we were together 17 years ago! Looks the same (still too skinny, but with a few grey hairs), acts the same, doing the same things, seeing the same people, I can only assume doing the same illegal activities - although I hope not. The soft spot in my heart for him will probably always want the best for him, but the other side of me goes, 'well, you have to do it yourself, get yourself out of the whole you are in, no one is going to do it for you.. it has been a bloody long time, grow up and get your shit together'. I know its coming across as harsh, and again I'm sorry if your reading this, but at least now you know how I feel and you might know why I won't ring you.
I'm going to go and keep watch on the tv for what is happening in QLD. Cyclone Yasi is about to hit the coast tonight - right around Cardwell and Innisfail where I used to live and work. I'm sure that where I worked will be gone tomorrow, its very scary thinking of the damage that its going to cause. I don't think its going to be a matter of if people die, more how many die. Very morbid to say so, but seeing people get turned away from evacuation centres broke my heart this afternoon. Pray that everyone is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment