Thursday, February 10

The good days are really really good!

Today was unreal - I've never seen her this happy and content. She was laying on my bed this morning, not really doing anything, just laying there, and she just kept smiling and smiling to herself. I wasn't even talking to her or tickling her or anything, she was just coming out with these amazing smiles! It was so adorable. And to be honest, I really really needed it. I've had a pretty crap week. L was out at soccer pretty much all weekend, we were really busy with other things going on as well. Holly's seizures have been getting progressively worse in both intensity and duration (more later about that). I feel kind of restricted about leaving her cause they are so bad, which puts more pressure on myself. Monday was probably my low day though, she was crying cause of her seizures and I was crying cause she was crying - everything was just annoying me, I was just in a bad, grumpy, sad mood.
Yesterday we went to the neuro. He said she's not having myoclonic clusters, but the tonic part of the tonic/clonic seizures. He said its a bit more common in older kids - personally I think he was trying to be polite cause when you google it, it seems to be in kids with more severe forms of epilepsy. It just added to my week long bad mood! Thank God we had a good day today - I really needed it. I managed to get out of the house and go and visit a couple of friends. It was lovely to talk to humans.

1 comment:

  1. Im so glad to hear that you had a good day.... you really appreciate those nice days with our kiddies... when sometimes the bad days seem to go on forever... Hoping you have a few more nice days : )

    ReplyDelete