Wednesday, January 26

Golf

About three years ago I decided that I wanted to learn to play golf. I'm of the thinking that when my friends decide that they want to play, I will have already been playing for a while and I'll be good at it! It usually takes me a long time to learn a new sporting skill, so I thought I'd get in early!
About two years ago L bought me some awesome pink golf clubs, when he bought them for me we went down to the driving range and hit some balls, then I had my first round of golf when L and I were away on holiday. The day after we got back from the holiday I found out I was pregnant so I haven't been near the clubs since - until today!
L and I went back down to the driving range. It was really fun, we got a bucket of balls had just had a hack - the bucket always seems to run out too quickly - I think its cause L hits more of them than me, but I always want to keep going once the balls run out. I'm not too bad at hitting the ball even if i do say so myself. I'm reasonably straight, but it just doesn't go all that far. Anyway, the range we went to was really quiet, which we were surprised at considering it is Australia Day - we thought that being a public holiday it would be really busy. When we got there, there was only one other man there. And when he left, the golf pro that was running the place came down and taught me some things. It was really good of him. So, I signed myself up for some lessons! I'm really excited about it. Then, I was telling my dad about it, and how much fun I had, and he said he'd come and get lessons with me! How cool will that be! I'll go and have a hit of golf with my dad! We've never done anything like that before - I'm super excited about it all now! I'm going to have to ring them tomorrow and put dad's name down too.
A good day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Prue sounds wonderful! I love to hate the game! I am way to competitive and find it very frustrating when things don;t go to plan! Enjoy your new hobby and I might join you one day! ;)

    ReplyDelete