Sunday, January 23

The stuff of fairy tales!

Oh my goodness have I got a storey to tell!
I was sitting here at home yesterday afternoon and I was getting a whole heap of phone calls from an unknown number, no idea who it was. I also had a friends partner ring me heaps. I got a bit worried cause this friends partner never ever rings me. I thought they might have been in an accident or something. I was trying to ring his phone back and I kept trying hers, but no luck. Eventually I answered one of the unknown numbers and I heard her voice. It sounded really faint, I couldn't really hear her voice. So I asked her what was wrong and where are you? Her answer - "In Paris". I was like WHAT? Where are you? She said, I'm in Paris. I was in total shock and disbelief, I only spoke to her on Wednesday and she didn't say anything about going overseas. The next thing that came out of her mouth was "We are engaged", I was like WHAT?!! I couldn't believe it! She was in Paris and engaged - how does that happen? Apparently her partner organised everything and surprised her. He rang her boss and organised for her to have time off work, he'd booked the flights and everything. She emailed me later to say that he just told her on Thursday morning that they were going away for a week and that she needed to pack for cold weather. She didn't find out it was Paris until she got to the airport and she couldn't ring anyone to tell them she was going away!
Seriously - its the stuff of fairy tales! Who gets flown to Paris to get proposed to??!!
I'm very very excited for them and can't wait till they get back so I can see them and check out the ring!!


I'm editing this three days later cause I can now reveal who the 'friend' is - its my sister!!! My sister got flown to Paris, I can't believe it still! She just rang me again, very excited and very tired from jet lag. He proposed to her on the bridge that Big found Carrie on at the end of the sex in the city movie - Oh my god can you find a more romantic thing????? What a keeper he is!

1 comment: