Wednesday, July 14

Another good day!

I'm not sure why, but every now and then, Holly decides she is going to put on a show for the physio! She did really really well today with her, particularly considering we haven't done any physio since the debacle that was the conference. I'm a bit slack with it all to be honest, some days I do some, some days I just play with her feet - which is sort of physio. But to be perfectly honest, I probably don't do as much as I should.
I went to the shops for an hour this afternoon. I did some shopping for my new niece who is due in September and some Christmas shopping at the toy sales. It bought up some funny thoughts, what do we get Holly?? She can't play with the normal sorts of toys you would normally get a one year old - I'm really not sure what to get her for either Christmas or her birthday. I'd say we'll get her a little bracelet or something nice from mummy and daddy, and maybe some clothes, but I guess her main present will be the party we throw her. There is just so much she won't be able to use, I try to pick out toys that might be good, I had a couple in my hand today to get her, but then I get all funny and put them back. I don't know why I'm like that, I should just get them. I guess clothes will be easier.
Came home in time for L to leave and get to his soccer game. I'm really glad I decided not to go now, its been raining and thundering and carrying on outside - I certainly don't want to be out in that! It would have meant me dropping Holly off at my mum's, then going back out there after the game to pick her back up again. Its not like mum is only 5 minutes up the road either, she will be soon though!
I officially packed my first box today! I only got one done, but its a start! I got the drawers from the buffet done. I should be doing some more now while L isn't here and Holly's asleep but I'm just hanging out on the computer instead.
Tomorrow is a busy day, I'm off to drop Holly at my mother in laws, then to the counsellor lady then home. I might speak to L about going to the movies tomorrow night, we'll see, he might just want a night in cause he's got the game tonight and one on Friday night.
Oh I had a few good conversations today. A lady from centerlink rang, she had our paperwork in front of her, she sounded really nice, and like she was on our side. She was going to do what she could for us, maybe not get any money, but at least get us the health care card, so fingers crossed that will come through. I spoke to T for about an hour about all sorts of stuff. I spoke to a friend from high school that I haven't seen since our 10 year reunion - we are going to catch up on Friday. And, I spoke to the lady that my sister organised for me for my birthday. The lady is a colour and image consultant, she is coming down next week. She is going to do my colours, then go through my wardrobe and do a bit of a re-vamp. VERY excited about it! I was going to wait until I lost a bit of weight, but I've given up on that idea, and I thought that if I got it done now, I can throw some clothes out and not have to pack them to move! I'm really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic present from your sister :) Bet it makes you feel good once it's done.

    So good to hear Holly is feeling a little better and has been a little angel for you the last few days

    K x

    ReplyDelete