Wednesday, July 21

I jinxed myself!

Ha, just as I thought Holly was going really well last night! She woke up screaming about 3 minutes after I posted and didn't get back to sleep till after midnight. I was just hanging for L to get home so I could fall asleep and have him take over.
Today was good. Went in to the eye man and he said that my eye is really good and he doesn't need to see me for three months! That's sooo good, we've been going every two weeks to a month for the last year or so, so to be stretched out to three months is fantastic.
I came home, gave Holly her lunch then packed up and went to my vision Australia group. Just as I pulled into the drive and R met me at the car, Holly spewed. I had this "here we go again" thing happening. Just as I try to get out of the house, she spews. I didn't have a spare set of clothes or anything so I thought I'd just go in and settle her and dry her off as much as I could and it could be a bit of an excuse to leave early. But, as she dried off and settled down, she ended up falling asleep so I could stay. We talk about everything - today topics included Holly's seizures (more about that in a minute), one of the other ladies there is moving as well so we caught up on her progress, we touched on topics such as refugees, pole dancing, birthday cakes, books.... totally random stuff, but all good stuff! Its fun just chatting away about nothing though sometimes!
I told them about Holly's seizures. She is having little absence seizures. At this stage they aren't lasting long - about 10-20 seconds and they are only about 2-3 a week. We aren't too concerned at this stage, we are going to the paediatrician tomorrow so I'll be sure to talk to him about them tomorrow. I'm not sure if he'll send me back to the neurologist or whether he'll just put her on medication straight away. I'm really reluctant to put her on any drugs, but the girls at group today kind of convinced me otherwise. They were saying that the earlier you start the better cause it will lessen the impact of more severe seizures, and because it can take some time to sort out which drugs are better, it can take some time to get that organised, and because it can take a while to get an appointment with the neurologist - all good points, so I'll get her started if we can. Gosh, I really can't imagine what its like, but these ladies were talking about their kids seizures. One lady was saying that her daughter was in seizure for 35 minutes once, another lady said that they had to resuscitate her son after his seizure and they weren't giving him enough oxygen, she said that it was one of the hardest things to watch cause there is nothing you can do but watch. I just don't want to think about it - I want to live in sweet naivety.

No comments:

Post a Comment